Sunday, December 25, 2011

A "why me" moment!

I guess it's probably pretty natural this time of year to for a Pastor to ask the question... am I in the right line of work?

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Christmas service just as much as anyone.  In fact it's kind of hard for me not to have a "traditional" Christmas.  And I suppose, if it were just me, I would get over it and just do it.... but it's not.

So today I sit there.  After 4 church services last night (3:45, 5:30, 7:30, and we can't forget 11pm).  And ponder, for my children, if this is what I'm suppose to be doing?  Will they ever have the "traditional" Christmas Eve?  Or do we just have to work really hard at making up our own "traditions"?

And maybe this is a natural wonder... maybe even a healthy wonder.  To always be considering where God is calling me....

And then I can't help but look around.  I can't help but understand that in the midst of a "why me" moment I see Christ.

This week alone their have been a lot of God moments and my family has been a part of it.  And I can't forget those moments either.

I was able to take my kids along with me as we handed out two separate envelopes with $250 cash to people who wouldn't have had a Christmas this year.  As the hugs and the tears came, I hope my children have started to learn the lesson that giving is so much more fun then receiving!

I see Christ in the people that I serve.  In their hugs and warm handshakes.  In their generous gifts and compliments.  In their care for not only my health, but the health of my family.  I see Christ and remember I how blessed I am.

I know everyone has those "why me" moments, and I kind of continue to as I write this blog on Christmas Day in the office of the church.  Waiting for 5-10 people to show up for the 2nd service this morning.  But am also reminded to look around.  To maybe so worrying about myself so much, and see God at work in the world.  And all the blessing that I have been given!

No comments: