Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Sucker Punched

Why is it when you have something that others want, they have to find a way to put you down. They don't look around to see that you too hurt and have uncertainties in your life also. They only look at the thing that they want and have to bring you down.

You would think that your best friends wouldn't do this to you. And I have to remember that it's core is in the problem of sin and jealousy. BUT... it still sucks. I still feel broken and hurt by my own friends.

You would think that people would be happy for you. You have someone in your life to help you through it, to take care of you. I wish that for my friends....

And if I were in a crappy relationship... would that make them feel better. I can't say that that is true either. In the past week I have been told by multiple friends that they are upset because I am now a couple with Eric. They are upset because it is not longer just me. They feel like I have this too perfect relationship. What is that suppose to mean?!?!?!

Maybe I just need to let them work through that and get use to that I'm getting married. Maybe it really doesn't have anything to do with my at all. But I just feel so beat up right now... like I have been sucker punched in the gut.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

This is probably late in coming, but most likely it isn't about you, but you and Eric are a trigger that they can use to help them vent. It's spring time, and spring fever is fervent everywhere. People want to be loved, the need to be loved and really they are just super jealous that you are loved in a way that they aren't right now. It's not like Eric is attached to your hip 24/7, but he is on your mind, as well he should be being your future husband and all. It is their issue. I know you work so hard to be a good friend to everyone and when you do that the one moment you may let slip to take time for yourself or for your husband will come back to bite you in the ass because people don't understand.

It is true - you're not just you anymore. But you are part of a great combination of two amazing people. your friends will come to realize that.