Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Other People's Lives

Quick thought before I finish getting ready and do some home visits....

Have you ever looked at someone else's life and thought how much fun their life would be? When you see pictures or hear about their life it seems like it would be so much easier then your own. Or maybe the profession that they chose seems a lot more appealing now that I am in mine.

I don't think that someone else's profession is necessarily easier but I think that sometimes it just feels like it. Maybe it's just lent and I am chronically tired so just about anything seems easier. Not only is it lent but I am also taking on more responsibility and more people are coming to me for things, therefore more interruptions. I love interruptions, just adds to the craziness of the day.

That's my quick thought for the day.....

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

There is so much truth to what you write. The BCBS ads for Minnesota have a billboard that says, "Walk a mile in your own shoes." Granted this is a health ad but it makes a lot of sense for even people looking at others and thinking about their jobs. A friend of mine recently stepped up in his job and had to hire for his previous position. The guy he hired has asked him several times since the hiring, "Was it always like this?" He didn't (and no one realized) just how busy my friend was or all of his responsibilities. But now at least one has stepped into the place and understands.

So I guess what I'm getting at is we all (and I'm basically writing to myself on this) need to just focus on my job and what i need to do. Other persons have their own struggles, but maybe you just don't see them.

Thought provoking. Thanks, girl.

rachel said...

you know, the older i get, the more i realize that when people say "the grass is always greener..." they don't mean just for the person they are talking to, they are telling themselves as well. i think we all have those days when we are looking out across the neighborhood of life and trying to decide which patch of grass we really want. i think i would like one with shamrocks strewn throughout. anywho, i guess the point is, i hear ya. :) have a great week!