Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Coming Out of the Fog

Now for more of a coherent ramble then yesterday.

First, I'm working at the info desk again today for a couple hours. I wanted to make sure I would get the schedule done for January. It's done.

Last night was kind of a long night again. Normally Eli falls back a sleep at night after he eats. Not last night. He really fought it and though that 4am was time to hang out and check out the world. It took me a while to get him back to sleep and then to get him into a deep sleep. I ended up just sleeping with him in the chair again so I could get some sleep. I didn't want to, or have the energy, to play the lay him down, he wakes up, we start the process all over again game. I normally wouldn't mind but when I have to be at work at 7:30am I just don't have the energy. He has also been waking up 2 hours after he falls a sleep again. I think he is going through a growth spurt and needing to eat all the time again. Oh the joys of motherhood!

I do need to run some errands today and need to get some presents wrapped. Only if there were more time in the day. It was so much easier and more fun to run errands when Rachel was here to do it with me. I don't mind traffic or the craziness of people when someone else is with me. I also know that when I go out with him he sleeps so I miss my window of nap time.

Well, that's my little update. I will try to be better about blogging more often now that I am starting to emerge from the fog that is having a newborn.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Emerge from the fog! That's a good thing.

Travel safe this weekend. Miss you and I'll be thinking of you all.

Merry Christmas!