Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Anyone out there?!?!?!

I have this WHOLE week off!!!  AND I have so many things on my to do list.  One of which is to blog 3 times this week.  We will see how this goes.

This last weekend we went up to the Cities.  Kind of as a family vacation and so Eric could go to the Vikings game.  It was amazing to home much I miss the Cities.  I didn't think I would ever say that but it was like going home.  So much going on, so much to do, family, traffic (yes even the traffic), just a few things that I miss. 

Sunday afternoon I took Eli and Emma over to the Children's Museum while Eric was a the game.  We had a rocking good time but I could have gotten the worst mother of the year award.  We were in the toddler/baby room and I turned around for 2 seconds and Eli slipped out the door, or someone let him out.. grrr...  But I turned around and couldn't see him anymore.  I finally found him in one of the other rooms playing with some water, so typical Eli to go find some form of water to play in.  I just about crapped my pants thinking he ran off or someone took him.  At about that time I decided it was lunch time and nap time.  So we left.  Regardless of that little incident, I would call the morning a success.

On our way home Monday we stopped at the Albertville Mall and have most of our Christmas shopping done.  Feels REALLY good to be almost done.  We had such a good time and only a few meltdowns... on and the kids only had a few meltdowns too.  :) 

So that was the start of my "week off".  I have so much to do and it's almost 2:30pm.  I feel a little guilty by taking the kids to daycare while I sit at home and blog but not guilty enough.  We bought a really nice chest, that we can also sit on, to put our shoes in by the door.  I put that together this morning.  I unpacked from this weekend.  Collected, sorted, and am doing laundry... which for those of you with children know how that is a job in and of itself.  I haven't gotten to folding yet.  I have started cleaning.... UGH!  And at 5 I need to go pick up the kids.... wish I could add a couple of hours to my day. 

Eric challenged me to relax, take a nap, read, and not do anything on my vacation.  HAHAHAHA... he is so funny!  I was planning on doing that this afternoon but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  I have too much to do and would rather get all of it done so I can sit in a clean house and relax and not think about all the stuff that needs to get done.  Hopefully by Friday I can relax.... or I will have to clean again by than.  Tomorrow isn't looking good for relaxing because I have an eye appointment in GF. 

So here's to mental health weeks! 

No comments: