Monday, July 30, 2007

The Calm Before the Storm

Sunday was my first day of doing pulpit supply. In two churches I had never been too. Preaching to a congregation of about 55 people at each service. Oh, the REALLY rural churches. As much as I dreaded it and as last minute as I had been asked it turned out be pretty okay. Okay because I'm not sure if I'm really to admit that it was kind of fun. I still want to be a little crabby that it was last minute and that I dreaded doing it.

Eric ended up being able to come up to Aberdeen last minute on Saturday. I don't know if he will ever understand how much that meant to me and how wonderful it was to have him at both of those services. He does such a good job of being relaxed, calming me down, and being really good at giving me helpful critiques. I continue to understand more everyday how God has shaped us both and how He has blessed me with just the right person.

Today was kind of slow. Got some little stuff accomplished but it feels like I am waiting for the storm. It's so quiet, so calm, so unsuspecting. I feel like I have almost everything done that I can possibly do. Or at least all the things I want to do :)

So, tomorrow I have decided to do a test run on some brownies that I am making for the rehearsal dinner. See how much they really make and try to figure out how much I need to make in a couple of weeks. I have also decided to make some heart shaped sugar cookies. I love making cut out cookies so I suppose I will make a day of it. Why not?!?!?! People will eat them. Either at the rehearsal dinner, the day of the wedding for lunch at the church, or Sunday morning during gift opening. Who doesn't like cookies? Let's be honest here.

This weekend we move into our apartment in Dell Rapids. The church is helping us move stuff in so that will be really nice. It will feel really good to get our stuff in one spot. One more step towards being in one place together!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I am so excited that every day is closer to you living near me! Game nights are going to be so fun! I'll have to introduce you to my other gaming friends - we can make a huge night of it all. YAY!!!!

I'm super giddy right now...either that or really delirious since I need sleep. :)