Wednesday, July 4, 2007

July?!?!?!

And what happened to June?!?!?!?! I can't believe it's the 4th of July already. The summer always feels like it is down hill from here.

I have such mixed emotions about the end of the summer. I LOVE the summer. It is my favorite season. I love it being so HOT out. I know I'm crazy, but I love heat. I love sitting in the sun and just soaking up it's warmth. (PS.. that's on tomorrows agenda.) BUT, the longer the summer goes, the longer it takes for my wedding to get here. I want it to be the Thur before. That means that friends and family will be arriving. That means that I get to hang out with everyone and see a ton of people that I haven't seen in a few months. But I don't in the same way I don't want the summer to be over.... oh my life problems. It's a good thing I don't have any "real" problems.

I'm really excited because I bought a size 12 dress today. I know that might not seem like a lot to some of you but I am SUPER excited about that! I don't think I have worn a size 12 since I was in Junior High, maybe earlier then that. I also found out that I wear a 14 at the Gap. That's pretty rock'n. I really haven't lost much since I have been out of Seminary, but I have done a good job of maintaining. I'm happy with that. I remember when I was in JH and all my friends would want to go shopping at all the trendy stores and I could never really shop there. I was always that girl that went straight to the jewelry area. Now I can shop there. Now I fit into the clothes.... it's weird how now I am secure enough to be okay with not being able to shop at those stores... in JH I wasn't.

Last Thur I had my initial fitting for my wedding dress. It was so much fun! It's MY dress. Not just one I tried on that hangs on the rack. It was so beautiful. My aunt was there with my mom and I, she started crying and almost made me cry. Those are the things that matter through all of this. The time with the family and friends. I also picked out my vail and my headpiece. I guess you all will just have to come to the wedding to see it :) I'm so excited to dance and have a good time with friends! Be there or be square I guess....

Hopefully I will be better about writing this month. I am hoping things will slow down a little bit. We will see...

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I can't wait to see you at your wedding! I'm so excited! Have you and Eric found me a date yet? :)