Saturday, July 14, 2007

Humble

Humble.

That's the feeling for the day.

My bridal shower was today. I was humbled. I find it kind of odd that I want to go into ministry and have to be up in front of a lot of people, but am so uncomfortable when there is a party thrown for me. I don't like that feeling of being watched.

Some of Eric's family drove up 3 hours to be here. My family who were in town came. My aunt did such a beautiful job and really put a lot of work into getting everything ready. Humble. Very, very, humbled.

My aunt put together a towel cake. It looked real when I walked in but it was a bath towel for the bottom, a hand towel for the middle, and a wash cloth for the top. Then she decorated it with silver and red ribbon with a red flower on the top. It was so cool because it was also my gift. She had wrapped the towels around pyrex bowels and there were little gifts in them. The whole thing was sitting on top of a wrapped cutting board. Who would have thought there was such a thing!

Once again I feel blessed. I wish I could bottle this feeling. This is one of the mountain top feelings. The little things in life that get us through. That remind us of who we are and whose we are. But there is always that age old question of, if all we had were great moments would they still be great?

No comments: