Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Quick Note

I have a few minutes in-between getting my hair done and my make-up practice. I finally decided. Up it is. It feels so good to have it all up and it really does look good. I told her what I wanted and she just did it. It was amazing. One less thing to worry about and another decision made. It's so much fun to have someone else do your hair. It also makes my face look thiner which is ALWAYS a plus!

We spent the morning cleaning and setting up the air mattresses for all the friends who will be staying here tomorrow night. It feels so much more real. It's been so hard to really get excited the beginning of the week because it has just felt like more planning and preparing. Getting my practice hair done really made it feel real. Putting up the beds and figuring out enough places to sleep has made it real.

Last night my family took me out to eat for dinner. I thought it would just be another night out but Eric drove up from Dells just to surprise me for supper. How awesome was that. It was really sad to see him go though and felt like a tease to only see him for an hour and a half. My mom asked me if it surprised me. It surprised me that he was there but not that he would do that for me. Once again I feel so blessed to have him in my life. My brother told him to give it a couple more years and he wouldn't be doing crazy things like that. Eric just looked at him and said, "I won't have to, we will be in the same place." Later that night he told me that my brother just doesn't get it. Which I don't think he does or can. Him and his wife lived together before they were married and really never spent much time apart. It's different for us. Neither way is bad but just different. I also think Eric grew-up with his dad being more of a romantic. I hope he never looses that.

So another wonderful birthday under my belt. I realized yesterday while getting my wonderful hour massage that I don't think I will ever have a week like this again. I just want to some how video tape ever second of it so I can watch it over and over. I want to find a way to box up all of the wonderful comments, feelings, and gifts to save for those days that I struggle. Or to be able to pass it around. Give some of this love to someone who has never experienced love like this. Somewhere I read today that 'love is a gift from God.' So true!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

You are a blessed woman. Can't wait to see you this weekend!