Thursday, December 13, 2007

Burst of Enthusiasm to Write

I am experiencing a burst of enthusiasm to blog more often. I have tried to blog more but sometimes my computer freezes up at work. GRRR!!! They gave the young one who likes to multi task on a computer, the super slow one with super low memory. I guess that's the pits of being the intern.

I was sick but am finally feeling better. I hate head colds and I my mono seems to creep in whenever I get sick. I lost 3 days last week.

I have decided that I'm spending too much time at work. I had dreams all night long about church. Not really any church in particular. And I'm not really sure what they were really about, except that it had to do with church. I need to get out more!

Did some home visits this morning. I took communion to some shut-ins. It was my first time taking communion to people at home and did the words of institution and all that. I feels as if it should have been a bigger thing, more of a momentous experience, but it really wasn't. I really enjoy it, don't get me wrong, but it felt like I have been doing it for years. Maybe that's just the way it's suppose to be? On Christmas day I am going to be presiding over communion. Maybe that will feel more momentous?

Friday we are heading to Eric's parents for our Goldammer Christmas. I have a feeling it's going to prove to be a long weekend. We are having our Christmas opening on Sat night and then driving back to Dells for church in the morning. Ugh.. another long weekend!

I feel like I should end this with something profound but I'm not really sure if I have anything. ... oh maybe I do. I was sitting in church the other day and saw the Sanctuary in a different way then I had ever seen it before. The architecture was different some how than I had been looking at it before. I just love when old things, or things that we look at every day, look different and new some how. Maybe a view from a window and you spot something you never noticed before. Maybe a way you looked at something and a new revelation came to you that changed your prospective. It's just interesting how we change and not necessarily the thing or situation.

No comments: