Monday, May 12, 2008

Great Weekend

I took today (monday) off since I was working pretty much all weekend. I had an awesome weekend. The women's retreat that I lead was wonderful. I only got 4 hours of sleep on Friday night, which was fun while I was up talking but not so much in the morning. The ladies that went were great and it was just the right amount of time. This is why I love my job. Getting to know the people. But I did learn that I'm not a rockstar anymore and can't live off of 4 hours of sleep. Making a mental note for myself.

Then Sat evening when we got home we had a little party thing at a friends apartment. I really struggled to even get there and we only stayed till 9. I still had homework that I had to get done before midnight AND I was EXTREMELY emotional and tired. No sleep makes me emotional and then add the extra hormones and I was on the brink of crazy. Good thing I have a patient husband.

Sunday morning was really hard to get motivated. I just preached the first service. The PM left in between services so the second service was all me. LOVED IT! I finally felt like this is what I'm suppose to do for the rest of my life, or at least some of it. It just felt natural and I felt totally comfortable. What an awesome feeling!

And today with my day off I am cleaning. Also an awesome feeling. I finally feel well enough again to clean and be around strong smells. It's been since Easter since this place has gotten a good cleaning so it really needed it. I have just been taking my time. Do a little then resting. What a great day!

No comments: