Saturday, May 24, 2008

Weddings

Through out the pastoral community it has been said again and again that most, if not all pastors, don't like doing weddings. But I do.

Sometimes they can be a pain in the butt, and leading up to them can be a hassle, but I think it's just that I am a hopeless romantic. I love marriage counseling. I love helping people try to remember everything and organizing things for them. I love watching the groom stand up front and waiting for his bride to walk down the isle. I love the nervousness and anticipation. I love seeing what everyone does for the wedding and how they decorate. I love thinking the best of every situation. That they will stay that in love and that love will grow even deeper and stronger.

I will admit it. I'm a hopeless romantic and I love weddings.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

We should have had you working more weddings at LS, then you'd know. :)

Just kidding. I'm glad you enjoy it. They are supposed to be joyous occasions. Maybe I was just jaded via CH instead. :)

rachel said...

weddings always get me too. i hope you're having a great summer!!!