Monday, January 29, 2007

Lessons Learned

I just went back and read through one of my previous posts.... I learned a lot.

A lot about it not being about me....
A lot about how doing ministry well means being a servant...
A lot about how much more wonderful the world is when it's not about me...
A lot about how important family is and how extremely blessed I have been with a great family...

My two weeks on the Res was wonderful. I learned a lot about ministry. Doing more and saying less is how ministry should be done. Preaching through your actions is so much more affective then anything you can ever say. But I suppose there is a time for both.

I'm really looking forward to internship. I'm looking forward to being able to serve again.

2 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

hehehe. I just feel like laughing. Isn't it nice to go back and read blogs. It is an educational experience.

~moe~ said...

I second Karen. Rereading things can be educational and scary. I've done that and wondered just what the hell I was thinking writing what I did, and knowing that I wasn't being completely honest either.

Miss you lots. I hope you're well.