Sunday, February 11, 2007

Long time no post

Sorry it's been such a long time since I have posted.

Jan. and the first part of Feb were ridiculous.. really good... but ridiculous. So much traveling and getting my friends and family time in. Really good times but a bit overwhelming. And then things screeched to a halt and classes started last week Tuesday.

And I was having so much fun...

Now I'm back into the reading, writing papers. I'm trying really hard to switch from doing ministry to learning again. I have found that I like the doing more then I like the learning. But I guess there is a season for everything.

Being at Pine Ridge reminded me of how much I love doing ministry. How much I love being around people and working. I love not focusing on myself but on something greater. It was a good thing because little bits of doing ministry help me get through this learning thing. But it makes me long for internship even more.

And the first week of school is always overwhelming... for everyone. It is always the task of getting everything organized so that you don't forget anything and starting in on the 400 pages which are assigned the first week. My classes are really good this semester and I really want to read and learn everything. But I'm afraid that's not always possible.... my best is what I have to give. I need to remember to give myself a break and schedule me time in.

Eric comes next weekend. I'm super excited about that! He said that I get him all Friday night and Saturday to do wedding stuff. Much needed wedding stuff. There are some decisions which need to be made and I need him. He has to suffer with me on this planning stuff and make some decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea for postings! :)

Karen Elizabeth said...

and yea for Eric coming!

~moe~ said...

and yea for SARAH! :) I miss you girl. Let me know when you're coming to town!

And take that much needed me time. It's essential for making it through life. But you know that...so I'm just wasting space and text as usual.