Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Learning Experiences"

Still liking those awkward moments.

Today we went over to the church for a 60th anniversary around 3pmish. It was going on from 2-4. I thought 3 would be a good time to show up, say "hi", show that I care, and then head over to the new open house of the coffee shop that we got invited to. Well, after church I threw on a pair of jeans (nice ones) and a nice shirt. When we got ready to go I thought it would be long enough after church that I could get away with jeans. It is 6 degrees here so I just threw on a sweatshirt and thought I could make it work. Yeah right! Of course everyone was still in their Sunday best. We were the youngest people there of course, except their great-grandkids. So I felt totally out of place. But I started thinking about how that's all that those older people wear. They always look dressed up. Oh well, hopefully the old ladies don't talk too much about it. All I know is that I'm getting tired of these "learning experiences."

Todays sermon went okay. The first service everyone seemed to have ADD and in their own worlds. It was so quiet and I felt like I was getting nothing from the congregation expect for them sucking all the energy out of me. I need to learn how to preach even when no one in the congregation seems to have energy. Maybe it was just the cold. Second service was much better, or at least if felt that way.

And I must be getting use to married life and Eric being called my husband. Last night someone called Eric my boyfriend. It took me back right away and I had to think about who they were talking about for a few minutes. So that means I am getting use to this married thing. But this also brings up another thought process.... When someone says something that is incorrect, and it would take more time to correct them, and you kind of feel like you would be being a jerk, or it doesn't really matter that they said it wrong, do you still correct them? Or do you just let it go and move on? There's the question for the day

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

That brings up a total Friends moment...where Chandler's co-worker keeps calling him Toby. The first time was just in passing so he ignored it. The second time the guy had offered him donuts and, well, Chandler really wanted a donut so he ignored it again. And now it's been 5 years, the donuts are gone and he's still Toby.

Maybe if you correct it kind of jokingly..."No, Eric's my husband now, but sometimes we feel like we're still dating - trying to keep that love alive and all." So then they won't feel completely bad.