Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The weekend from .....

Okay so not really .... but close.

It started out good. Got up Sat. morning, feeling good, 5am. Ready to go. Drove out to the Rosebud reservation. Really good experience and always helps to remind me, not only to be thankful for what I have but to be thankful to know how to "get" things or be "successful" in this world. It reminds me of the importance of not just giving someone a fish, but teaching them how to fish. However that thing goes.. you all know what I mean.

That evening, meaning Sat night, I got really sick with abdominal pains and ended up in the Winner, SD E.R. and then the hospital. Winner is almost as wonderful as the Mobridge hospital. Not recommended. They were good to me but a little random, especially the surgeon, who should be the most not random person there. Not the case. If you plan on having any surgeries, go some where else. Just a little FYI.

I talked them into releasing me early Sunday afternoon so I could catch my ride and get back to this side of the state (southeastern). Didn't want to get stuck out there. They released me if I told them I would see a doctor on Monday. They called ahead to make sure the right people knew what was wrong just in case and to make sure I could get into someone on Monday morning. Then they let me go.

Long story short. Haven't felt better all week until this evening. I have this thing with getting sick really fast and then when I feel better it happens really quick also. So tada.. I feel better! FINALLY I CAN EAT! and walk upright. I was kind of slouched for a while.

I started weight watchers again a week ago. Eric bought me the Dance Dance Revolution for the Wii and so I had been really working out with that and going to the gym. I was all sorts of motivated! I think I had already lost a pound or two. Well... then this stomach thing hit and the diet was REALLY on. I lost 7lbs in one week.

I have found out something about myself through this all. I wouldn't make a good anorexic. I need food! So I will continue with the original diet program... eat and loose some weight little by little. I'm okay with that, in fact that's the way I roll.

No comments: