Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thoughts for the Moment

I've hit my wall for the day. I'm sitting here drinking some coffee to see if I can climb over it. Hopefully it will kick in here pretty soon. Nothing worse then wanting to get some stuff done and feeling like you just want to curl up and go to sleep. Maybe it's the -3 outside right now that also wants me to sleep.

I just need to make it through the next 2 days, these are my toughest days. Tonight I have my revelation bible study, which I do really enjoy. And tomorrow night is 2 classes of confirmation, which are challenging to say the least. I look forward to the bible study tonight but on a night like tonight I think I would rather just curl up and enjoy some tv shows in front of the tv.

I was however thinking yesterday how fortunate I am to have a job that I can really come and go as I please. I make my own schedule. I don't think I have ever had a where I didn't have to be there for a set amount of time. Or the job wasn't some how task oriented. The infodesk wasn't really "task oriented" but I had a set amount of time I had to sit there. Well, needless to say this job is different. Good different but I am still getting us to the differences. When I can go home and not worry about it. I have a "supervisor" but I don't really think he looks at it that way. He is just kind of their for my never ending questions. I appreciate that about him really. That is how I function best in a job. Good to learn things like this about myself.

The FCCLA kids were here today. Known to many of us as the Family Consumer Sciences. I'm not sure what FCCLA stands for anymore. They were mostly using the church to have speech competitions. It was amazing to me to learn that Dells doesn't really have a speech team. So sad. But I guess this program is a good way for them to have office positions and to get some exposure to giving public speaking. It's amazing how things like that as a youth can really help you as an adult.

I'm having a "I feel fat" day. I think it could be because I have these cuddle duds on under my dress pants to pretend that my legs aren't going to get frozen off when I walk outside. Normally they would be really warm but not in the fridged temps of SD. But they also make my clothes fit snugger, not a fan of that. I probably am also feeling a little fat because I just at the HUGE cinnamon roll that FCCLA brought down to me. There goes the diet, again.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I'm sorry we weren't more task oriented at the desk. There just wasn't much to do. I tried to find projects but it was hard.

You're beautiful, you know. Smile, breathe deep and you'll be great. I can't wait to hang out with you again!