Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Procrastination

Today is just another Wednesday....

The old ladies .. I mean quilters... just got here. They are all excited about working on their quilts and having their bi-monthly gossip afternoon. It always amuses me that they show up half and hour to 45 minutes before the time that they actually set the meeting for. AND if you show up 15 minutes before the set time.. you are late. I don't know if I will ever really get it. I wonder how stubborn our generation will be when we get old and what the young "kids" will say about us. Probably that we are senile and crazy. About 60-70 years till I get my walker.

I am suppose to be trying to figure out what I am going to write for a sermon. As you can see I am feeling less then motivated at this point. I haven't preached in over a month. The longer I go without preaching the less I feel like it. I need to find some motivation somewhere before tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

This is one of the bad things about internships, I think. You don't get to preach as often as you should because you're doing so many other things too. And not that those other things aren't good, because they are - they're very essential to learn, but to get the full experience, I think interns need to preach more. Not only for that experience but it gets you back to the basics more often which is great.

I know you'll come up with something amazing. I'm excited to know you're preaching this week...maybe I'll have to swing up and hear you. :) No pressure.