Friday, December 8, 2006

In the Beginning

So I have finally been talked into creating another distraction in my life. I seem to find many distractions during this month we call December but .."who needs sleep, you're never gonna get it".. oh how I love the Barenaked Ladies!

Moving on... today has been another crazy day in the life of Sarah... the usual stuff. Made a quick trip to Target... ended up being at the right place at the right time when a little girl fell out of the shopping cart. Used a little EMT/chaplain skills. The paramedics checked her over and gave the mom a list of things to watch her for. That was the, in the moment conversation in my head, the detached Sarah.

After I walked away and continued to shop the emotions that I had stifled came back to me. It is always amazing to me how detached I can be in an emergency but once you walk away from it all those come back and you still have to deal with them. I remembered the look in the mom's eyes when her little girl wasn't responding properly to her name. The fear, the anxiety, the fact that a mom is suppose to be able to do all and at that moment she was helpless. How strong the love of a child is. And some of the guilt for being in too big of a hurry and making a mistake that hurt her daughter. How strong that love is and how we as humans still mess up.. and how much stronger God's love for us is but He doesn't mess up. I can't even imagine that love...

I am also amazed at how God just continues to use me. He continues to put me in these situations of medical emergencies. For what reason I'm not really sure right now.

The last couple of days I have felt so richly bless. I have spent some quality time with friends and can truly say I know what love is. I sometimes feel overwhelmed with keeping in touch with old friends and finding "quality" time with the ones who I can get together with. BUT... and this is a big BUT.. it's a good overwhelmed :) It's an awesome overwhelmed. When Eric and I sat down to think about who we wanted in our wedding we really struggled. We have so many people who have touched our lives and shown us God's love, we wanted everyone.. which of course isn't possible. So we will settle with inviting everyone... which brings me back to my point of just being so blessed.

Now if my papers would write themselves.... then I would be EXTREMELY blessed!

2 comments:

Karen Elizabeth said...

I'm linking you on my blog- which means that you better not be a half-hearted blogger, or else! Good to hear that you are doing well. I looked at the project this morning and thought, "yep, I'm going to have to call Sarah."

~moe~ said...

Love your blog!!!!! You rock!