Thursday, December 28, 2006

Parents and Wedding Stuff... Oh My!

Had a bit of a break down today. I love my family but one week is just too much to be loved so much. I know I am sooo blessed but I need some space too! AAHHHH. And I should be thankful and all that stuff... but I need some space. I keep reminding them that it isn't that I don't like them, it's just hard for us to spend over a week in the same house and everyone is in vacation.. so we sit around and stare at each other. Besides, they wouldn't want a daughter who enjoyed being at home and never moved out, this is the way life is suppose to be.. I need space and they need space. I just have to remind myself that this will be one of the last times this works this way.

I think part of the problem is trying to get this wedding stuff done too. It's gonna rock once it's done... but till then, it just might send me over the edge. The parents are helping pay for it.. well they are paying for 95% of it, so I feel like I can't do anything until I have passed it by them, which makes it really hard to do anything. Once again, should be really thankful.. but right now I am have to work really hard to have that state of mind.

I am happy though, we have gotten a lot done. Flowers pick out.. for the most part anyhow. I am really excited about it and the florist is really going to do a wonderful job. She is the type of person that just goes the extra mile. I'm meeting with the photographer tomorrow to sign my name on the dotted line and seal the deal. That will be a good feeling. I think she is going to be great too. She even comes to the rehearsal just to get to know us better. I think we finally came up with a way to get from the church to the reception.... get this.. it's cheaper to take a charter bus around that sets 49 people and some alcohol then a 12 people limo. I don't know.. will we even want to go to the reception?!?!?

Things are coming along... I'm just excited for Eric to get back up here. And I feel a lot better because my best friend Amber too me to the gym with one of her free passes. Working out hard always helps to relieve the stress and get a new perspective.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Ah the joys of parents - you can't live with them and they don't want you to live without them. Maybe they're just reliving their past with their parents and want to inflict the same pressures on you. Maybe they just miss you more than life itself and can't bear to be apart from you for more than 2 minutes in a day (to let you pee, of course). Or maybe they just see their little girl growing up, moving on, starting her own life and it scares the beejeezes out of them and they want to hold on to you for every moment they can until eric whisks you away to happy-ever-after.