Thursday, December 14, 2006

WHOOT WHOOT

Thursday is weigh in day for me. And of course today is Thursday, so therefore today was weigh in day.

This week has been a struggle for me. All I have wanted to do was eat because I have been super nervous about getting all my homework done. I'm starting to learn what my default mode is. I don't normally eat too much when I'm sad but I eat more when I am nervous or stressed. Which during finals times seems to be all the time. So weighing in this week was kind of scary. I thought for sure I had gained or maintained. I was nervous about gaining so I was going to be happy if I maintained.

Well... this morning I closed my eyes and stepped on the scale. I waited about 3o seconds before I looked down to see what the scale read. Once I finally opened my eyes I was very pleasantly surprised. I lost 4.5 lbs this past week. WHOOT WHOOT!

Weight has always been a struggle for me. I remember going to a different babysitter and she made us eat everything on our plate. Since then I have had a problem with portion sizes. America's idea of portion sizes when we eat out hasn't helped this problem at all. This weeks weight loss puts my total weight loss at 25lbs now!

25lbs... I just think about how much I use to be caring around. To pick something up that is 25lbs is a lot. How much better even my knees must feel. I feel the same. A little extra added energy but for the most part I feel the same. But there is no way I could be the same or look the same.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Congratulations! That's so awesome! I'm so proud of you. You look great (not that you didn't before, 'cuz seriously, you're a looker) but you look so great now.

I too struggle with my weight, had the same problem with having to eat everything on the plate. Now I use smaller plates or I take smaller portions and spread them out on the big plate to make it seem full. That seems to satisfy my mother. :)

Keep up the great work. You're an inspiration to me!