Sunday, November 2, 2008

Sunday Afternoon in the OCC

So there is this little event in the campus center today. There is one gentleman who has been wondering around by the desk wanting to know why the building wasn't designed differently. Mainly because he couldn't figure out where the parking lot was and got confused. So he needed to complain about it. I'm not sure what he wanted me to do about it?!?! I'm not going to go and knock down walls for him and build a walkway so he feels better. THEN he asked me where they hold Sunday services. Um.. we don't. He kind of freaked about about that and said, "What.. (gasp)... the Lutheran Seminary doesn't hold Sunday services!" (In a very judging tone) Then I tried to explain to him that everyone is out in congregations and have responsibilities for Sunday services in church communities around the City. We have Chapel services everyday of the week at 10am. Well, I think that let the air out of his balloon a little and he couldn't find anything else wrong so he walked away. I just don't get why people need to come in and complain about everything. Does it make them feel better?

Getting closer to having my sermon written for class on Monday. That's exciting! I'm trying so hard to be motivated but it is so beautiful outside I can't help but want to be out there. AND I am being good and snacking on baby carrots. All I want to do is eat so I am trying to eat something good for me and not just junk. Once again I think I have a bound will to food.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

Those people just don't leave do they? I had that same conversation with so many people my years at the desk. It got really old after a really short time.

I'm glad your sermon is almost done and that you're eating carrots. You're my hero! :)