Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dreaming With My Eyes Wide Open

Last night we grilled out with some friends from Sem. Eric was able to meet more people and feel like he is a part of this whole fiasco too. Stayed out probably later then I should have but it was fun to be outside and around good company. Also always fun to catch up and here about peoples lives for the past year and a half.

Today I'm working at the desk again. Trying to get people to get their schedules in so I know what I have to work with for the fall. It is also a bit of a crunch because I need to know if I should hire more people to fill spots. Always with the pulling of teeth though.

Yesterday got some more stuff unpacked around the house. Today's goal is to get some more unpacked and feel like we are actually moved in. We do need to take some more stuff down to storage but the elevator is broke for real this time and so that is going to have to wait. I just hope it gets fixed soon because I feel like the boxes and totes are going to start attacking at any moment. There are just so many of them and so much clutter. I am REALLY starting to hate clutter. Little by little though. I keep telling myself 9-10 months.. only 9-10 months.

Oh yeah.. and I need to write my Approval Essay. Only 17-20 pages long. Yeah kind of sucks! I just need to push through and do it. Normally I would make myself a hot cup of coffee with hot chocolate mix in it. Enjoy a few sips. Sit down in front of a computer screen. And start writing away. There is just something about that infusion of caffeine that really does it for me. It's my drug of choice really. Just thinking about it makes me happy inside. Excited really... but alas I can't do it. The baby wouldn't enjoy it too much. So for now I dream about it....

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

It's common knowledge that boxes and totes do NOT get along. Get them separated soon or you'll have a war on your hands, and believe me it won't be pretty. I've been there.