Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Realization

I need a vacation.

I had a great morning but not so much a great afternoon. I can't go a whole summer again without a vacation. That was not a good idea and I think has just made me less patient. It has made me somewhat bitter because I don't feel like I ever got a summer. I didn't realize that I felt this way until today. Or that not getting time off has taken its toll. An extra day during the week doesn't count.

The stress of not having time away and moving is finally getting to me. I finally hit a wall. I will really miss where I'm at right now but in the back of my mind I realized that I feel that I finally get to enjoy my summer in 1 1/2 weeks. And that feels good. And I don't want to apologize for needing that time. I don't want to apologize for wanting to have a summer and to enjoy a full weekend. I need to do something for myself and my family.

2 comments:

~moe~ said...

You don't need to apologize. Everyone needs a break. I realized that this on Sunday when I snapped at a colleague. I don't normally snap but the lack of sleep from the week before and the constantness of the work weekend brought me to an edge I hadn't been to in a long time. Looking back I totally should have skipped work and taken the time for me instead.

Take the time. Don't apologize. Enjoy it and replenish yourself. You deserve it. You are awesome! And start with K and I on Saturday! :)

Sarah said...

I am really looking forward to Saturday night! YAY! Time that is much needed.