Monday, August 11, 2008

Movement

What a great weekend. Tiring but great!

Friday night we babysat our nephew. He is such a good little kid, he will be 2 in October and is so good. We went over to some friends and grilled out. We then just sat around the fire and talked. It was great! Much needed time just to be. It was also fun to see Eric in the parent roll. JJ fell asleep in his arms while we were sitting around the fire. I know it meant so much to him and it was so cute.

Saturday we packed things up around here. Eric ended up not having to work so we had the day to do things together around the house. It was actually a lot of fun. Then Sara came up for Supper. It was great. We ate supper, watched some Olympics, okay so more yelling at the tv, and then Eric's parents came. It was just a great night. Eric and Sara tried to see how much watermelon they could eat. They are both so competitive and just can't help themselves when the other throws down a challenge.

Sunday was my last day at LCDR. I didn't know how hard it would be to say good-bye. It felt good to have that sermon done and I made it through both of them without too many tears. I will really miss the congregation. They have made my year here bery blessed. It is always good to be able to look back on a year and to be thankful for all that God has given you.

Today I went to my last doctors appointment in Sioux Falls. It has been a couple of days of good-byes. That was also hard because I have been going there for about 5 years now.

So many changes. Good and bad. A lot to let go of and so much to look forward to.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

It was like the Friends game moment. "Challenge extended..." (That would be from the episode entitled "The One With The Embryos" - how apropos)

I'm sorry I missed yesterday. I'm sure you were fabulous as you are. You will be greatly missed. I think your presence was an eye opener for the congregation too - that there are other ways to do things, and that one pastor can't do it all.

Can't wait to see you Friday.