Monday, August 18, 2008

Ugh!!!

What a weekend...

I am so tired...

I am so tired from packing, moving, and unpacking. From getting up at 4:30am and driving 4.5 hours.

I am so tried from figuring out all of the mailing changes, insurance stuff, cable set-up, and our little fender bender situation.

Oh did I mention our fender bender situation. This older gentleman backed into the side of our car in the Wendy's parking lot. Oh wait, it gets better. It was on Friday lunch time right before we went to pick-up the moving truck. And it gets better. This little fender bender put us behind in time for picking up the truck about 45min to an hour. AND because the Wendy's parking lot is "private property" the police dude that showed up 30-45min after we called couldn't issue a ticket to the guy. But the nice police man did brake it to the guy that if he could issue a ticket it would be his fault. So.. we were worried that we would have to fight about it with this older gentleman's insurance. Heard from his insurance guy this afternoon... as the cable guy was here and didn't know what he was doing.. and had to make a statement.

Good news, his insurance is taking liability for it!

Badnews, Eric didn't know how to help the cable guy so he left and told us to reschedule. GRRR.... it was just that he didn't know what he was doing. So... 5 hours later from when we were suppose to have cable, that same guy is coming back to actually set it up. I hope he can figure it out this time. This all happened after I checked around and called Comcast back to tell them he just didn't know what he was doing. Sometimes I feel like I have to do other peoples jobs for them.

Slowly but steadily we are getting moved in. Hung up some pictures this evening so that always makes me feel better. I know I am going to sleep well tonight after such a long day!

4 comments:

~moe~ said...

I'm really glad you made it safe and sound. I was worried about you guys when you said you were leaving so early the next day. I can't wait to see you this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ok...so did u finally get your cable hooked up? IT sounded like a major task...lol. Hope life gets back to normal for you!

Sarah said...

Yeah the cable guy came back around 9pm to hook it up. I had to tell him where the box was and what he needed to do. Sad!

Anonymous said...

haha...wow...
Sounds like you are getting a lot done tho. (even tho u now have tv to watch :P) Good luck writing your paper!