Friday, May 4, 2007

It's green outside.. which means SUMMER!

11 more days till classes are done.... so much to do but it feels manageable right now. The problem is that when things feel too manageable I wait to the last minute. So this weekend I have set goals for myself. I need to get at least one paper done and a half of another one done. Pretty reasonable I think. I'm starting to think that my life is about goals.

I am looking forward to this summer when my life will not be marked by goals.... well papers that is. I am so hesitant to plan too much, or take away from my somewhat carefree summer. This will be the last summer, and the first one in a long time, which I will be able to do what I want, when I want, and how I want.....or at least have the illusion of that. And that sounds so good to me right now. I am helping out with VBS the first weekend of June (which I wanted to do.) I told my mom I would paint the living room for her (which I love to do.) I am going out to camp to hangout with the kids and the horses for a week or maybe a few, we will see how the summer goes. I am going to work on wedding stuff, hopefully not doing this last minute so it will be fun to do and not stressful. I just look forward to having some Sarah time. I want to read a book or two. Harry Potter comes out in June or July.. I can't remember, so I will read that and I need to read the last book which came out to prepare for the last book. I wan to get back into my R.R Martin books.

I am still hovering at about 35lbs lost so far. I'm okay with that. Every time I get discouraged I bring myself back to the fact that I have already lost 35lbs and how much more healthy my body already is. I know that my insides thank me and that's really what this is about. I really don't want to get caught-up in the need to just look good but how to live a healthy life style... that includes my boundaries and saying "no." Which I think is the hardest thing for me so far.

I should stop using all my words here and actually write a paper on my theology of pastoral care. It will go something like this... Jesus love you, God is good, be good to others because Jesus has given you salvation and the Holy Spirit to guide and help you. Amen. So why the need for the 4-6pages :)

1 comment:

Karen Elizabeth said...

Nice paper. I think short is better. Why go into long explanations when a few words would do? Hope you are doing well.