Friday, May 25, 2007

Life Is Good

My last shift at the infodesk for a while, at least a year and 3 months and it feels good!

I have successfully, I want to say wasted but that really isn't the word, used up maybe is a better word. I have successfully used up 2 1/2 hours by surfing the net and updating my profiles. Life is good! I haven't even played any addicting internet games yet.

My parents came last night. It was late when they got here. Well late for them, 10:45pm ish. It's going to be different getting use to living in the same house that is for sure. Or at least the first few weeks will be a little bit of a strain. I did purposely fill a lot of time to help ease the transition a little more. This move makes me a little nervous but I think will be the best in the end. If worse comes to worse I go and hang out in Sioux Falls.

I am down another 4 lbs. So that's awesome. That now brings me to a total of 40lbs lost. It feels so much better to eat healthier and get exercise. I have struggled my whole life with weight and not knowing what I was doing wrong. I am so thankful for the tools to educate myself more and the people around me to help support me. I am closer to my goal of 15 in 4 and I am still on track even though I would be very happy with where I'm at now. My short and long term goal is just to be healthy.

One of my best friends from High School sent me his itinerary for his flight home for my wedding. I am so excited to see him and spend time with him before the wedding. He will get into Aberdeen on the 15th. I just want some good catch up time. He has lived in DC since the Fall of 2000 and it has been a couple of years since we have really had some good catch up, talk time. I really miss that catch up time. I think my favorite part about this wedding is hearing about the people who are really making an effort to come and who I get to spend time with.

So moral of the story is... Life Is Good. or at least right now... and I will take that for the time being. Some more of my little apartment to pack up and tomorrow is moving day. On to the next new adventure. As much as it is hard to move on and to go through change it is always fun and exiting to wonder about the future and the wonderful people God will place along the way.

3 comments:

Baritonality said...

I miss you already. You've only been gone for a few hours.

I guess the adage is true. You never know what you'll miss until it's off to South Dakota.

Have a great year and a while.

lebendig said...

Blog, Sarah, BLOG! I know this comment is kind of hypocritical, but come on! How else am I supposed to know what's going on??? It's an imperative in my life to hear from you. So therefore, since my life is at stake, you are obligated to write something. Thanks! :)

Karen Elizabeth said...

miss you. and listen to chesed...please blog.