Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Change and Randomness

1 hour, 15 minutes of classes left.

1 paper (Confessions), 1 test (worship) left.

I'm sitting in a class that I already have my final in for. Even harder to pay attention then normal. I am so focused on being done I haven't even been able to think about leaving in a little over a week. I won't be back here for over a year. Life is changing again. I need to pack up my apartment again. What goes where. What do I want to keep. It's going to be like the day I packed up my barbies and childhood toys. It was a wonderful day because I was growing up and it was a milestone, but it was really sad because my childhood was coming to a closure. I need to do the same type of thing when I pack up in the next week. There are a lot of things which I have from high school, dorm life, singleness. I need to give somethings up and put them in the rummage sale this summer. I will be merging my things with Eric's things. I can't carry around all of my randoms anymore. I have needed to do this for a while, to throw things that I will never use again or give them up, but it's still hard to do. Life is changing.

So funny story... maybe a little crazy too.... random if you will....
I just got done paying for gas in Jasper, MN and was getting ready to get in my car. This guy in his mid 50's says "hi" and wants to talk about the day. Okay, I can do this. He asks me where I'm headed.... Okay I can do this also. Sioux Falls, SD I say. He asks me why I'm headed there... It's a small town, I can still do this. My finance lives there I say. He asks me what we have planned for the night.... little weirder but I can still do this, still small town talk. I tell him that Eric has some sort of surprise for me. He goes into how he doesn't like surprises. So I tell him that I think it has something to do with eating. He says, "well, maybe he doesn't like to kill full girls. (he pauses for a breath) Well, have a good day!" WHAT?!?!?!?! ... I say "you too", get in my car. Ask myself, "what just happened there." I drive off, making sure I look in my rear view mirror to make sure he is not following me.

Who says something like that? How totally random!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

What a weird man. Comments like that scare me from talking to strange men, but I would have done the same thing. I wonder what he would have said if you had said you were single?

Hey - I'm back! I have internet now! WOOHOO!!