Wednesday, September 10, 2008

5 thoughts for the day before 8:30am

Few things to cover already this morning.

1. Lady in the campus center snoring.
This is the second week in a row that she has been here before 7:30am, pretending to read, and snoring in one of the chairs. The first week I gave her a break because I knew that she was waiting to do first week stuff that started at 8:30am. Why she was here before 7:30am.. no one really knows. I thought maybe she was just really excited. (could happen) This morning I woke her up when I came through the doors into the OCC and 3 or 4 people proceeded to do the same as they walked through the doors. This morning however there is nothing going on in the OCC that she would need to be here so early. I'm thinking skip the reading in the morning and sleep in that extra 1/2 hour. I hope she has a class at 8am and that's why she is up this early.

2. Creatures of habbit
This morning when I got here, took me about 3 minutes, I found myself with the urge to pee again. The urge to pee and actually having to pee are two different things. But none the less feeling like I might wet myeslf I decided I should probably visit the little girls room. Yup, only a dribble dribble, story of my life. But while I was going to the bathroom I had a revelation. (Maybe I should sit in the bathroom more often) My revelation was that I always go to the same stall. The second one from the door. This habbit has not changed in the year I was gone. I didn't even have to think about this, I just automatically go to that stall. What else do I do that I don't even realize? Something to ponder....

3. I find myself actually enjoying classes
Not that I hated them before but I view them in light of being out in the parish. I find that it is nice to have more ideas for the parish and ways to teach others. I am looking forward to my class on the Gospel of John and the epistles because it's so practical. All the texts that we are studing in depth are lectionary texts and will help me to write better sermons, always a plus. Our big project is a bible study for a congregation. I'm all about this also becasue I can actually use it at some point in the parish. Class just looks different from this side. I guess it has to do with growth. Always fun to be able to look back and see that I have actually grown and changed in the last year... besides getting wider :)

4. Getting wider
Speaking of growth.... I put on my black dress pants which I haven't had on since August 14th. Less than a month really. And they fit a LOT differently. I have grown a lot! I'm kind of scared to see how much larger I am going to get in the next couple of months. We are now at 29 weeks and 4 days.

5. Sweet Nectar
The lady sleeping on the OCC this morning made me really tired as soon as I got here. A little coffee, (half caff, half decaff), has REALLY helped. Now I can actually read for class now and not fall a sleep. Yay for caffeine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe she has to car pool and that means getting there early and waiting. I car pool and I end up just hanging around at times. Doing it in the morning is the worse. It makes me wonder if it’s worth it. She may find an activity to fill that time eventually.

~moe~ said...

I always go in the first stall, which as you might know doesn't actually lock unless you jimmy it just so. How weird!