Thursday, September 4, 2008

Too Much Time

It's taken me a while to post today but here it is!

After that build up, not much new. I was scheduled to work at the desk from 7:30am-2pm but someone needed someone to cover part of their shift so I came back from 3:30pm-6pm. Good money is what I keep thinking, and I get paid to get stuff done! Go Me! Not hard work and I am making a little more money. It's already after 5 and I feel like I just got back here. If it was a slow Saturday it would be different working but there is a lot going on and I don't have a ton to do.

Today when I got back here at 3:30 there was a can of pop (unopened) and 5 Oreo cookies sitting on the desk. I assumed that they were someone's and Jeff was here ranting so I forgot to ask the person leaving where the cookies and pop came from. So, almost 2 hours later here they sit.

So the question is.. do you eat food that you have no idea where it came from? They aren't in any sort of wrapper. Who knows who has touched them. I think I'll go with the no eating of the cookies.

Eating of cookies leads me to another thing I was going to blog about. (I just realized that I have way too much time on my hands to blog this much.) But sitting here at the desk I have seen a lot of people that are REALLY over weight. To the point that they can't go up and down stairs. It's mostly because their knees are so bad from caring all that weight all the time. Being someone who has struggled with her weight her whole life I get that it's hard. But at the same time it makes me realize that I never want to be that big or allow myself to eat that much. The thought of allowing myself to do that scares me. I don't want to be a slave to food. I want to be able to move, go when and where I want to. To run up and down stairs and not be winded. I don't want to be tied down to a body like that. That is always motivation to me to walk a few more steps, eat a few bites less, and to love myself enough to care about my body.

3 comments:

~moe~ said...

Okay first there's a genuine, "HEY!" going out for this line: "I just realized that I have way too much time on my hands to blog this much." Blogging is important for your friends who live so far away. We need to know how you are. :)

Second, the rest of that paragraph is the same motivator for me. I have friends who are so overweight (I think i told you about one) that they get winded walking down the street, let alone stairs. I promise you this...If you don't let me ever get close to that, I won't let you either. :) We can take care of each other.

Oh...and don't eat the cookies. They were probably Jeff's and he forgot them.

How is Jeff by the way? I miss him.

Sarah said...

He is doing okay. He was having a bad day though. But he doesn't come around as often because they moved to Lauderdale so it's further for him to walk. People had told me this so I was actually really surprised to see him.

~moe~ said...

Wow, I bet that was quite a change for him. Is his mom still around or did she die? I know she wasn't well the last time I was there.