Monday, September 15, 2008

Things Seem To Come To Me In Fives

1. Found some more good underwear... still need some more but bought only 3 pairs to see if I like these. So far so good!

2. The eating and conversation at Eric's cousin's house was excellent and glad I went. Isn't that always the way it works. The end of the day and you don't really feel like something but once you do it, you end up really appreciating that you did and enjoying yourself. It was fun to hear family stories and listen to them reminisce.

3. Prayer... Something I realized this last week is that I missed others praying. Monday I was sitting in class and the proff prayed before we started class. I missed that. Being in a year of praying for everyone else, taking care of everyone else, I missed someone taking care of my faith and nurturing that in me. The crazy thing is that I didn't even know it was missing or that I missed it so much. Also on Friday I sat in chapel and realized how much I miss being a congregation member and not having to lead. Don't get me wrong... I love leading too, but it's nice to be on the other end sometimes too again. I have also noticed that it's hard to want to go to church on Sunday mornings. Part of church for me the last year has been the relationship part with other people. To find a new church(s) seems sad and like the final step that internship is over. I found out how important relationships are to me while worshiping.

4. Why do we realize things after the fact? A lot of times we can't fully enjoy things until they are over... why is that?

5. I found myself envious of men this weekend. I am envious of their relationships with on another. I'm envious that they have something like "football" to hang out around and have meanless conversation. I want that! Women tend to lean towards more heavy conversation. Deeper conversation if you will. Not that I don't want that either, because I really enjoy that also. But I sometimes I just want meaningless conversation. Sunday afternoon I hung out with the boys at BWW and watched football. It was wonderful... things were said, comments were made, but nothing too deep, nothing really personal. And if there is anything personal it last for about 2 minutes, everyone gets the jist and then they move on. Not that I want that all the time, but sometimes it's kind of nice!

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

#5 is why I've always gotten along better with guys than girls. I've always been a tomboy of sorts with that fact. Usually to regroup I just want to be alone, but if I am with a group of people, I need it to be meaningless. I find I'm like a guy in that if one of my girls starts talking about something deeper I try to fix it and most of the time I can't so I don't know what to say. So then they think I'm just aloof and standoffish which isn't the truth, I just don't know how to relate very well.

Come visit and we'll watch some meaningless baseball. Miss you.

Oh and #4 is so true too. I really wish we would have spent more time together when you were here, but my life was so messed up. It's so true that we value things so much more when they are gone. Maybe that's something to think about and value day to day activities more.