Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dreaming of a White Christmas

I know, or at least can take a guess, that you don't want to hear this BUT I'm kind of looking forward to Christmas time. I know weird. Not usually my thing and not usually what I would be saying (the whole cold snowy thing depresses me) but for some reason this year I am excited to see the Christmas trees in the store.

I am also enjoying the cooler weather. I finally like to get up in the morning and feel the cold on my feet and the chill in the air. Probably because I'm carrying a little heater, but I thought for sure this little heater would just make me more comfortable and not hot all the time. Not true. Not true all the time. Eric use to be the hog of the sheet and I could have the comforter. Now, even with sleeping with the window open, I am the one who needs the sheet and Eric needs the comforter. It's almost too cold for him. My have things changed!

So I wait in anticipation for Christmas. The time when we can travel again and go see family. I miss family. I miss being home and around family, knowing that I don't have to accomplish anything or have any deadlines. I place that I can just be.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

I love Christmas time...well Fall and winter. I love curling up on the couch with hot chocolate and a movie. And maybe a cute boy. Soon. :)