Wednesday, September 3, 2008

REALLY?

So this afternoon I have some people, people being staff and students, who are playing the drums, sax, and just a bunch of random instruments right across the room from me in the main commons area. This is all wonderful and all for people who are walking through and the new students. It just really SUCKS for me trying to answer the phone!!!!

It kind of makes me mad. Of all the places to set this up. I can't hear anything. No one standing in front of me, no one on the phone. I can tell people are frustrated when they call on the phone and I keep asking them what. I can tell they are wondering where and the world I am answer the phone at.

They either need to not have the main switchboard in the middle of everything or not have the loudest instruments in a really small place. I think I need more coffee or maybe some Prozac.

1 comment:

~moe~ said...

That's just wrong. Who the hell scheduled and planned that? I'd write a letter to Don and ask what your job is actually supposed to be at the desk, because if you can't even do your basic job of answering the phones and helping people, then why are you even there. I'm pissed, and I'm not even there. They could at least move to the Narthex or up by the Dining area.