Monday, October 6, 2008

Thoughts for Now

What to write about.... what even comes to mind at 7:50am on a Monday morning besides wishing I was still in bed. Or my lack of motivation to do anything at the moment. I don't even "feel" like drinking coffee right now. *gasp*

Got to work this morning and found the garbage can missing from behind the desk. Guess someone decided they needed it more then we do. Awesome... (note the sarcasm) It's just one of those items that you assume will be there and take for granted while you have it. It is also one of those things that bugs you and is hard to live without when it is gone. I guess this will teach me to be more appreciative of the garbage can. When it is returned I promise I won't take it for granted anymore and will pay more attention to it.

Then, the moment that I think I have it bad I hear someone's story or problems.... and I sigh because really, I have it pretty good. I don't have a 30 page paper due on Tuesday that I haven't even started. Gross!

My garbage can just got returned. One of the maintenance guys found it. life is good. I even feel that I have some energy coming back to me. It's the little things in life! I feel a little more complete again.... *sigh*

2 comments:

rachel said...

things always seem to go missing from an info desk. i'm glad that your garbage can is back, they were always moving those on me too, and it really stinks when you have to search for somewhere to throw something away. i hope you're doing well.! luv & hugs to you and the husband!

~moe~ said...

You are too cute. I'm glad someone wants to appreciate garbage cans. :)

And yes, you have a good life, but...the cynical girl in me (don't tell Eric) thinks..."Well, that person could have it good too if they didn't procrastinate on the 30-page paper due tomorrow."