Saturday, October 11, 2008

Bondage of the Will

About a month ago I thought it would be a good idea to schedule myself till 9:30 last night and then 8:30-3 today and tomorrow. Who wasn't thinking, raise your hand. *you can't see it but I'm raising mine* I keep telling myself I can get a lot of homework done AND get a nicer paycheck. Maybe I should write that on a large piece of paper and hang it up on the desk. Maybe then I will really convince myself that it was still a good idea.

So I sit at the desk. Here is how the day will unfold:

8:30-9:30: Surf the internet, check facebook every 3 minutes to see if anyone has updated anything, blog, look at others blogs, sing to the radio, check facebook again, feed the baby some caffeine, check facebook again, check my email.

9:30-10: Take out my books and papers to write my Holy Spirit paper. 2,500 words, not too bad. I just need to start and it won't be so bad.

10-11: Start writing my Holy Spirit paper, check facebook again to see if anyone has updated anything.... come on people update something and make it good!

11-12: Tell myself that I have pissed away the morning and just really need to get this paper written. Try to convince myself that I will feel a lot better when it's done and I will really be able to relax.

12-12:30: eat lunch, surf facebook some more, check to see if anyone has updated any blogs, sing to the radio a little bit, check facebook some more, try to be a creeper on facebook but not very successfully.

12:30-12:45: try to convince myself to continue writing my paper. It's hared to get yourself motivated to continue a paper once you have stopped for a while.


You get the gist. This will be my day. I would love to say that I will/can break the bad habbits that I have developed but I'm not sure it will happen because I have a bound will. I know that's not what Luther meant by bondage of the will, but I think if facebook and the internet exsisted when Luther was alive he would better understand what a bound will really is.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha...I love your mornings!
They sound exciting and full of contraversy. My mornings consist of walking up three hours before class, getting ready, doing about an hours worth of homework, and then class until the afternoon. Then meeting, after meeting, after meeting. Finally at 10pm I figure I should do homework and my bed time is midnight...so not much time to do anything...lol

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The company represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://ukynuryzev.virtue.nu/sygobymu.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you thought of all the time
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you really need!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://igoqebody.the-best-free-web-hosting.com/ucydan.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of troubles when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to choose a proper partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, and shares the income with me.

You may get interested, if there are such firms? I have to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]