Friday, October 17, 2008

Ketchup

Why is it that when I am sitting in class I could find so much to surf online. I could not pay attention for years and still be fine. On nights like tonight sitting at the desk while it is so quiet in here, I feel like there is nothing to do. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I HAVE nothing to do.. it's just that there is nothing I WANT to do. The key word here is want, not need.

Tomorrow we are taking off at 7am or earlier to head to a friends wedding. I am SO SUPER EXCITED. I NEED to get out of town for a little, bit away from the people and just drive. It's been so long, or at least it feels like it; 3 or 4 months now. And before that I felt so tied down this summer at work. But the doctor said everything was okay and cleared me to go to WI. Not only am I excited to head out of town but I am so excited to see my friends get married. It feel like it has been forever since they got engaged and I am so happy for them. I just hope to stay up past 9pm. That's my goal for now :) Sad but true! The other goal is not to go into labor in WI. I told Eric we are taking the car seat just in case something happens. I think that if we had to go out and buy a new car seat that would push me over the edge. I like to flirt with the edge but not go over. I don't make for good company then.

So the last few days I have been fighting with BabysRUs. We had been given a gift card in the mail from a friend for there and decided not to buy anything until we know more of what we need. Well, I sent Eric there the other day to buy the maternity belt thing and they said that there was no money on the card. I just thought the money probably didn't get scanned on their right. Boy was I wrong. I guess I am just naive. Upon calling the company and hanging out on the phone with them for about a totally of 2 hours the last couple of days, I guess something went shopping online with our card number on October 6th. It sure wasn't us. So after all of the hassle and me being angry with the way the company has dealt with it, I got a call today saying they are sending us a new card for the same amount of money that was originally on the other card. So life is better and I don't have to worry about that anymore. While I am almost 35 weeks pregnant and in the middle of midterms that was the last thing I wanted to deal with. I was less than happy with the situation. All I can say is don't mess with the pregnant lady in the middle of a semester! But alas it should be cleared up.

My dad has been so cute about this whole pregnancy thing. He has been asking all sorts of questions and wondering about how big the baby is, how I'm doing, who is going to take me to the hospital if Eric isn't around. Just really good inuitive questions meaning he obviously has spent time thinking about all these things. The other night on the phone he asked me if I wanted my mom to stay with us for a while after the baby is born. I honestly don't know. I guess it depends how the delivery goes and what kind of temperment the baby has. That and I haven't done this before, I don't know what I need. But it was just so cute that he was all worried and thinking about me. My mom HATES driving in traffic and couldn't drive in the Cities so my dad would probably leave her here when they came to see the baby after delivery but would then need to drive back to pick her up. And I know he would do that and be fine with it. What a great dad! So we will see what happens and what I need.

Well that's for all until Monday when I am back at this desk procrastinating the things I need to get done.

No comments: